I posted last week about achieving level 1 of the Crossfit Athletic Skills standards and have now started on the Level 2 tests.
I already ticked off 4 by checking my Personal Best sheet, namely:
- 1 x bodyweight squat
- 1 1/2 x bodyweight dead lift
- 1/2 x bodyweight military press
- 500m row in 1:45 (I got it wrong, my PB is 1:43.9)
On Friday last week I achieved 2 more easy ones:
- 18 inch vertical jump
- 1 minute handstand hold
And today, I got 3 more:
- 400m run in 1:34 mins – I managed 1:18 which is actually 1 second under the level 3 time!
- 30 press ups – make sure chest touches the ground.
- 30 v-ups – This was a lot harder than it looked, and I think they were scrappy at best, considering I can’t even touch my toes normally. After 20 I was groaning, and after 25 I was nearly in tears!
I should say, to do a v-up you do this:
- Lie on your back completely flat with your arms out straight above your head.
- Keep your legs straight and together, so you are completely straight on the ground.
- Raise your body and legs up off the ground at the same time, so that only your bum is touching the ground (hence the V in the name).
- Touch your hands to your feet, or your shins if flexibility limits (as it does me!).
- Unraval back to the ground and repeat.
Next on the list to attempt (when the days Crossfit exercises permit) are:
- 100 free squats
- 15 hanging knees to elbows
- 20 pull ups (I’ve got a niggle in my shoulder at the moment so might have to delay this one).
- 30 second L-Sit
- 2000m row in 7:30
- 1/2 x bodyweight power snatch
- 3/4 x bodyweight power clean