This post is a little over due but a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attended a 3 day weekend of Personal Defence Readiness (PDR) training and workshops in Gorey, Ireland at Daragh Bolton’s Focus Martial Arts club.
Senior SPEAR Instructor Neil Wilson, myself and fellow PDR Coach Charles Shanks flew over from the UK and were joined by 4 PDR Coaches from Ireland for a weekend of fun and bruises. Briefly, the weekend went like this:
- A day of ground fighting Coaches’ training on the Friday
- Drinking till the early hours of Saturday morning with the Irish!
- We ran a 20+ person PDR workshop on the Saturday
- Followed by more drinking with the Irish to even later on Sunday morning!!
- A slightly hung over day of further Coaches’ training – knife work.
As with the Martial Arts Show a few weeks earlier, this excellent video was put together by Neil. It’s hard to work out who’s who when we’ve all got High Gear suits on, but I’m the only one with brown trainers on:
It was an amazing weekend and I am very lucky to be part of a small but very enthusiastic PDR community in the UK and Ireland. If you want to see some of the many pictures of the event, checkout my FaceBook page.