- Always eat within one hour of waking.
- Never let more than five hours go by without having a Zone meal or snack and don’t forget your bedtime snack.
- Keep a food diary and note how you feel after a meal. Make a list of which meals keep you in the Zone.
- When you go to the store, make sure to have a list in hand with ingredients for at least two or three Zone meals. Then you won’t be tempted to buy everything in sight while trying to create Zone meals on the spot.
- Never leave the house hungry, or you’ll be tempted by all the food waved in your face everywhere you go.
- In dips, replace part or all of the sour cream with cottage cheese. Place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add seasonings and blend again.
- Instead of skimping with a small amount of mayo and having dry tuna, try using strained yogurt instead. Spice it up if you want.
- When making guacamole in the Zone, use cut up red, green and orange bell peppers instead of tortilla chips.
- Take any type of fruit you like, (lemons, limes, oranges, strawberries, or any combination of fruits), slice, place in a pitcher, fill with ice and water, and place in the fridge overnight. Stir just before serving.
- Miss mashed potatoes? Try mashed cauliflower instead.
- Slice zucchini (length wise), brush lightly with olive oil and broil until crisp/tender (about 5 minutes). Then use the zucchini like you would lasagna noodles.
Top Zone Tips
Previous post: Friday Fun – Only in America!