So far in my life there have been 3 bits of technology that I’ve bought, all of which I never thought I’d need or really use much, but now couldn’t imagine my life without them. They are:
- My first Mobile Phone – Duh, I know! But like many people, I was sure I’d hardly ever use a mobile phone, I mean, I’d survived fine without one all these years right? Yeah, clearly silly once I got one.
- Sat Nav – “What’s wrong with a map. I hardly ever get lost.” Yeah, I remember saying that many times, but oh man, sat nav is an awesome bit of kit. I note that there are still some poor people stuck without it. They’ll come round. 😉
- The iPhone – I always swore I’d never by a Mac, or any other Apple product for that matter. But I have to say, the iPhone is AMAZING. It was everything my previous smart phone should have been. The things you can do with it are simply incredible and I can’t imagine life without it now.
So that’s 1-3 and as the iPhone was a recent acquisition, I didn’t really expect to come across another bit of revolutionary tech so soon. But today I did and I have to say, when I saw the demo video of it, my jaw was on the floor! This might be the single most astonishing thing I’ve ever seen, and will ever see, until I take delivery of my own personal flying car.
For anyone in education or who works in an office or has any contact with clients or suppliers, this is going to replace the humble pen: It is the LiveScribe Pulse Smart Pen. Put simply this pen:
- Is a computer in a pen
- It records all audio as you write
- It can play back the audio, just by clicking on the words you wrote on the page
- It understands what you’re “clicking” on with the pen. You can draw interactive menus!
- You can upload everything you wrote straight into your computer. No scanner needed
Look, words will never describe properly what this “pen” (I use the term loosely) can do. Check out these 2 videos and then checkout just how cheap it is. I can see this appearing in a parcel in my near future.